Why I was denied/revoked and how do I contact my admin?
Each community is moderated by a team of admins that determine the guidelines for membership to that specific community. There are three main reasons why you might be denied:
- Your location is missing or incorrect. If this is the case, please change your location and contact your admin.
- Your location is too far. If this is the case, please look for a community closer to your location.
- Your account doesn't meet other membership criteria for the community.
Membership into a community may be revoked when a member hasn't followed the community guidelines or if a member no longer meets the community membership criteria, such as requirements regarding location or account settings. If you don't remember receiving a message regarding being denied or revoked, you can get in touch with your community admin to discuss further.
Please keep in mind, VarageSale just offers a platform and technical assistance. Membership criteria is up to the admin team of a community.
To find out why you were denied or revoked or to contact an admin, follow the steps for your platform.
iOS & Android apps
- Tap the arrow next to the community name at the top of the screen - If this is the only community in which you are a member, tap "View Communities" and skip to step 2
- Tap the name of the community to view the deny or revoke reason
- To contact an admin, scroll down and tap "Contact an Admin"
- Tap the name of an admin.
- If this was the admin that denied/revoked you, you will see the message listed above. If not, there will be no message shown. It's usually best to try to reply to the admin who denied or revoked you. Type your message and press "Send".
- Navigate to the community you were denied from and tap "Why is this unavailable"
- Click on the community. You should see the reason you were denied/revoked in bold. If you don't see a reason or need to discuss further with an admin, click on "Contact an Admin".
- You will see the admins of your community listed. Click on "Message" next to the admin you want to contact.
If this was the admin that denied/revoked you, you will see the message listed above. If not, there will be no message shown. It's usually best to reply to the admin who denied or revoked you. Type your message and press " Send".