How do I customize or hide categories from showing up on my feed?
You can customize which categories will appear in your Feed and category views. When you hide a category or subcategory, it will hide the items within that category from the following places:
- The feed
- The Category - All view
- The higher level categories above the hidden category.
For example, if you have no need to see Kids books, you can uncheck the Kids subcategory listed under Books in your preferences. This will hide Kids books from your Feed view, the category - All view, and from the Books view. If you decide you do need to view Kids books for a specific reason, you can navigate directly to the Kids subcategory, and those items will be displayed.
Hiding or unhiding a category in one community will apply the same changes to all of the communities you're a member of.
iOS & Android mobile apps
- Tap on "Me" in the bottom right corner
- Tap "Settings"
- Scroll to and tap "Visible Categories"
- Uncheck the categories to hide, then tap the back button to exit
On the web
- Click on your name or profile picture at the top of the page.
- Click on "Preferences"
- Select the “Categories” tab.
- Be sure to click the tab for the correct community, if not already selected
- Uncheck all the categories that you want to hide.
- Click "Save Categories"