Why I was denied/revoked and how do I contact my admin?
Each community is moderated by a team of admins that determine the guidelines for membership to that specific community. There are three main reasons why you might be denied:
- Your location is missing or incorrect. If this is the case, please change your location and contact your admin.
- Your location is too far. If this is the case, please look for a community closer to your location.
- Your account doesn't meet other membership criteria for the community.
Membership into a community may be revoked when a member hasn't followed the community guidelines or if a member no longer meets the community membership criteria, such as requirements regarding location or account settings. If you don't remember receiving a message regarding being denied or revoked, you can get in touch with your community admin to discuss further.
Please keep in mind, VarageSale just offers a platform and technical assistance. Membership criteria is up to the admin team of a community.
To find out why you were denied or revoked or to contact an admin, follow the steps for your platform.
iOS or Android mobile apps
- Tap the arrow next to the community name at the top of the screen - If this is the only community in which you are a member, tap "View Communities" and skip to step 2
- Tap the name of the community to view the deny or revoke reason
- To contact an admin, scroll down and tap "Contact an Admin"
- Tap the name of an admin.
- If this was the admin that denied/revoked you, you will see the message listed above. If not, there will be no message shown. Type your message and press "Send".
On the web
- Navigate to the community you were denied from and tap "Why is this not available"
- Click on the community. You should see the reason you were denied/revoked in bold. If you don't see a reason or need to discuss further with an admin, click on "Contact an Admin".
- You will see the admins of your community listed. Click on Message.
If this was the admin that denied/revoked you, you will see the message listed above. If not, there will be no message shown. Type your message and press "Send".